The Pacific Northwest is the place to be for sea kayaking! Both the coastal waters and Puget Sound, with its many bays, islands, and water trails are unlike any other place in the world. With this beauty comes some serious threats to kayakers which should not be taken lightly. Shipping & Ferry lanes, fast changing winds, tidal currents, and very cold water are just a few. To paddle safely in this environment requires instruction, experience, and quality gear. Fortunately, we live in the right place and have many options.
How BEWET can help
Click here for a description of the classes that BEWET offers!
- Introduction to Kayaking - February 17th
- Skills Refinement & Application/Currents - March 23rd
- Introduction to Kayaking - April 21st
- Rescue Rodeo - May 4th
- Sea Kayaking Basic Course, 3-Day Immersion (WKC) - May 17/18/19
- Skills Refinement & Application/Open Water - June 9th
- Rescue Rodeo - June 30th
- Coastal Kayaking 4-Day (WKC) - July 25/26/27/28
- Introduction to Kayaking - August
- Skills Refinement & Application/Currents - September
- Roll Clinic (WKC) - October
- Skills Refinement & Application/Open Water - November
Thursday Night Splash & Thrash
Dates: Every other Thursday night (5-7) from May to August in Seattle
Summary: Come learn the fundamentals or practice your skills. If you're new to the sport, we'll guide you through the basics one week at a time. If you've got the skills but they're a little rusty, come on out for a practice session on the lake. Each session is followed by a cookout so no need to rush home for dinner!
BEWET Play Day
Date: TBD (July)
Summary: We're bringing the rentals boats and a few rafts down to the water for a play day! Ever wanted to try sea kayaking or flipping a raft? Come on down and experience what it is your club has to offer. Families are welcome as well? Make sure to mark the calendar and join us at the south end of Magnuson Park in Seattle (at the end of NE 65th St).
- Next >>